If you're the crafty sort, start warming up your sewing machine, knitting needles, or crochet hooks. We don't know yet if Vicki will loose her hair with this chemotherapy, but if she does she requests soft chemo hats.
You can find some great patterns at Head Huggers Patterns. Please read about how much chemo caps can help cancer patients and especially the guidelines for fabrics and sizing at Charity Guide.
The Village
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
I'm not sure that Vicki would want to wear anything that I'd created on a pair of knitting needles...
I might not wear anything you "created" but I would enjoy seeing it hanging on he wall in my room.
Please come visit me with CRAFTS!
Am I allowed to visit? I understand you'll be starting chemo on Monday. Since I'll be gone, I'll check in with you at the end of the week.
wish I were close enough to come with or without crafts. The sew-knit-crochet gene passed me by, my craftiness is more in the shop-and-consume department. I'll look around and see if there are any crafty people in my part of the world--maybe hand-made chocolates?
This looks like a must have!
http://www.headhuggers.org/patterns/kpatt10.htm
Okay..........after several tries I finally figured out how to reset my password for google!
I have checked out the patterns and plan to make a few of the hats.
number 10 looks like fun.
Vicki, do you consider your head to be small, medium or large? lol
I also wish I was closer so that I could bring you the hats in person or maybe just bring my needles and yarn and we could have a lovely visit while I was knitting away.
Sharon, thank you so much for making this blog possible. I will never in my lifetime understand how something like this works, so I am eternally grateful that their are angels among us like you!!
Take care
Ooooo, the "no hair day" cap. I was looking at that one. Fuzzy yarn is good - covers up my knitting mistakes!
My head is a LARGE head and that is without hair since my hair is very fine.
I promise I will allow Sharon to photograph me with each hat I receive. When I am done with them I will sanatize them and give them to the John Muir Womens Health Center.
Just the lauaghs alons of me bald in a hat should leaad to lots of knitting!
Post a Comment