I don't usually post until later in the day but the news is too good to wait. After we left the hospital last night, our Vicki got in touch with a friend of hers (another Vicky) who's been an oncology nurse for many years. Afterwards, Vicky called our Vicki's oncologist and talked to him about what had been going on. As a result, Vicki's pain medication was switched from morphine to dilaudid and she's also taking Xanax for anxiety.
When I talked to Jack this morning, he said Vicki had gotten a good night's sleep without interruption from pain. She woke up and had breakfast and is feeling infinitely better. Her BP at 11 am was 123/72 and her temperature was 97.3 And here's the most telling sign: she's ordering people around and once again making lists for Jack (although he said she's now started a list for me, too).
I know that I feel better, Jack feels better (he even went out for a walk) and most importantly, Vicki feels better.
Thank you Vicky!
The Village
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hi Vicki. I am so glad to hear that you are feeling better. I know that your dogs are missing you - so come home soon!
and here it is Friday and I'm wondering how everyone is...
wishing you both the best and thinking of you often
Post a Comment