Jack's colleagues have been overwhelmingly generous in signing up to help with transportation. Some have recruited their family members to help and others have signed up for multiple shifts over the course of several days.
When I called Jack and told him about your generosity, I could hear the relief in his voice. He was eager to tell Vicki so she can stop worrying about this. This is going to be such a big help.
Thank you all!!!!
Update Wednesday August 20
I just published the final transportation schedule. Not only do we have a volunteer for every shift, in many cases a second person signed up as back up. What a great bunch of folks.
The Village
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
We are out of state and can not be there in person to support Jack and Vicki. Thank you so much to all of you locally for what you are doing for them and for the peace of mind you give to those of us who can not be there in person.
Let me echo what Nancy said. When I went out to Clayton, I was fortunate to meet two of Jack's co-workers who took me to and from the San Francisco airport. Doug and Sonny, you were great! I told a friend of mine here in St. Paul who is a retired minister about all of this, and the wonderful people who are so happy to help. His response to me was "Blessings on your friend and her caregivers." And we mean caregivers for both of them.
Julie
Post a Comment