The Village

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Chemo Day 3 - Nice and Stable

Vicki had some pretty good nausea going Tuesday night, but no vomitting. She wasn't up for much breakfast, but anti-nausea drugs helped and she had a decent lunch, mostly easy stuff like rice, pudding, and yogurt, but plenty of nutrition.

Her vitals are relatively stable and the chemotherapy is continuing. Today was the last day of the nasty red chemotherapy drug whose name I will mangle so I will not even try. She's pretty weak and tired, resting a lot more than the last few days. Between the chemo, pain meds, anti-nausea meds, blood pressure meds, and I don't even know what else, she's getting a bit fuzzy headed (stoned) and having some very vivid dreams (hallucinations). I have to admit that she had Jack and me giggling today and that I intend to give her a hard time about it when she's feeling better. (I'm a bad, bad person.)

She's been getting your cards and we've been taping them up on the wall at the foot of the bed where she can see them. We also decorated her room with pictures of Sea Ranch, which is a special place for her. She once told me that she feels most at peace there. We included some pictures of flowers to take the place of the real flowers she cannot have.

No comments: