The Village

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Bone Marrow Monday

Patient Consent, page 2 of 7: "After a four to six week rest period at home I will again be evaluated to make sure I am still in complete remission adn to make sure that my internal organs (heart, liver, kidney and lungs) are in satisfactory condition to proceed with further intensive treament."

Vicki had another bone marrow biopsy yesterday, one of the first steps in preparing to return for the second phase of treatment. She said that this one wasn't as bad as the previous two. I suppose it's all relative as the previous two were at the northwest corner of Hideous and Excruciating.

2 comments:

Julie McKuras said...

I think Vicki believes her rear end is just a pin cushion! I'm sure if you ask her, she'll be glad to show you where her biopsy sites were.

Dragonflygal said...

Fortunately my NP is skillful enough that she used the same spot for all three biopsies! I think she was concerned that if I ever wanted to have walk around UCSF in just my hospital johnnie that I would be looking good!