The Village

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Amy's Angels

Amy's Angels is a project started by a friend of Megan M. (Julie's daughter) .
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
As many of you know, in September I walked in the Breast Cancer 3-day Walk because of my friend Amy. I am happy to report that Amy is cancer free andis back to her sassy self.

Recently Amy shared with me that what got her through the tough times were cards and letters from friends and family. She also got cards from people she didn't even know. This got me thinking. I talked it over with our3-day team and they love the idea of paying it forward. This is how theCards by Amy's Angels project was born. We want to send out cards to peoplewho are fighting cancer. Not just breast cancer--any cancer.

Here's how it works: a friend or family member requests a card. They send an e-mail to our card address ( located on our blog) and we then send out the card FREE OF CHARGE ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD. The recipient gets a handmade card (did you see that? HANDMADE...noHallmark stuff here!) with a personal note inside from one of us.It's that easy.

This is where you come in. I need you to bookmark our site and send it to anyone you know. Ask them to bookmark it and pass it on. Anything thatwill get our blog out there for folks to see. Oh...and the blog site is: http://cardsbyamysangels.blogspot.com

No comments: