The Village

Monday, September 1, 2008

About Commenting

We've received some feedback that folks are having trouble leaving comments on the blog. This post contains some tips which might help.

Step 1: Click the Comments Link
There's a link at the bottom of each post which shows the number of comments for that post. Click that link to add your own comment.

Step 2: Compose Your Comment
Nothing fancy here, just type your message.

Step 3: Word Verification
If you are not logged in you will see a picture of a some letters and numbers in distorted text. You must type these exact letters and numbers in the word verification field.

This is a security feature which helps protect the blog from spam and other inappropriate comments. It does not appear if you are already logged in.

Step 4: Choose Your Identity
If you are not logged in, enter your Google userid and password.

For safety reasons, this blog does not permit anonymous comments; you must be a registered member of Google. If you are not registered, click the "sign up here" link. Google userids are free.

Step 5: Publish Your Comments
You aren't done until you click the orange Publish button. When you've completed this step you'll receive a confirmation message that your comment has been posted.

3 comments:

Hoosier Sue said...

Hi Vicki, I think I have it!! Thank you Sharon. Hope you are having a good day. It is hot here and no rain. Going to watch the US Open Tennis tournament and then back to work tomorrow! I am so sorry to hear about Uncle Keith. I know he means so much to you. Please call whenever you feel like it. Love, Sue

Sharon said...

I'm so glad. That's the best test of a set of instructions. In my field this is what we call a usability test.

Unknown said...

Hey MsVicki and Sir JACK!
This is reggie and I want to thank you for the opportunity to stay in touch with both of you. I used to work with Jack there in San Ramon and have recently moved back into the area. Please feel free to call if you need anything at anytime of the day or night!
Reggie ~
Ps... sorry to hear of your Uncle and I will keep him in thought and "knee mail " this evening.

Sincerely, Reggie.